Thursday 30 December 2021

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (5 Stars)


In 1973 Todd Rundgren wrote the words "Love between the ugly is the most beautiful love of all". It's been a long time since I've listened to his album, "A Wizard, A True Star", considered by many to be his best album, but I'll never forget that song. It went through my head as I watched the final scenes of "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein" tonight.

In the past I only rated it four stars. I don't know why. It deserves more. I might have been distracted by the imperfect picture quality. The picture is fuzzy, especially in the darker scenes. It's in need of a better remastering.


Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

In case you're interested, I wrote more about the film in my 2018 review.

Success Rate:  + 0.5

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de



Addendum on 31st December, 2021

I just found out that "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein" will be released on 4K disc on 29th March 2022. That will mean a new remastering. I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.