Friday 27 September 2024

Wine: Haberschlachter Heuchelberg Trollinger with Lemberger


It's been a few years since I last drank this wine. I couldn't remember its taste. I only returned to it today because it was on special offer at my local supermarket.

I tried to find out the exact details of the wine, but I couldn't find anything online. It's distributed by the wine cooperative in Möglingen, the Württembergische Weingärtner-Zentralgenossenschaft, but it seems to be the produce of a single vineyard. Haberschlachter Heuchelberg, if that's the correct brand name, only produces four different wines.

Compared with other Trollinger-Lemberger wines, this wine has a strong acidity, even more acidic than the Fellbach variant. Acidic wines are difficult to judge. Normally they become more enjoyable as you get used to them, the second glass tasting better than the first, but I didn't want to drink more than one glass last night. I sometimes drink a few glasses when I'm in company, but when I'm at home I only drink one glass, slowly sipping and savouring it.

It was a good wine for the price I paid, but I prefer the Eberbach-Schäfer Trollinger with Lemberger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.