Friday 29 December 2023

Wine: Fellbacher Trollinger with Lemberger


Yesterday I bought a bottle of the Fellbacher Trollinger with Lemberger, to compare it with the Besigheimer wine that I drank a few days ago. It's interesting to see how the tastes of two local wines can be so different. Besigheim and Fellbach are only 16 miles from one another, and both towns make wines in cooperatives (Genossenschaften), but the Fellbach wine has a subtle acidic tang that's missing in the Besigheim wine. I don't say that as a negative. The acidity is an interesting addition to the fruity taste. The earth must be very different in Fellbach.

Which wine do I prefer? I'd rate them both equally, but I prefer the milder taste of the Eberbach-Schäfer Trollinger with Lemberger. I wouldn't call myself a wine expert, but I know what I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.