Tuesday 26 December 2023

Jackie Brown (5 Stars)


After watching an underwhelming film in the cinema this afternoon, I thought it was a good idea to pick another film from my top 100 film list. What better choice than "Jackie Brown", currently in 34th place? It's an homage to the blaxploitation films of the 1970's, but let's be honest: were any of the blaxploitation films half as good as "Jackie Brown"? It's a classic, considered by many to be Quentin Tarantino's best film.

One small criticism I have is that the film needs to be remastered. Many of the scenes are slightly blurred. A film like this deserves to be presented in the best possible quality.


I like pictures of a beautiful woman when the camera is pointing up at her. It makes the woman look like a Goddess. And that's what Pam Grier is. She's a Goddess. She's a giant among women, beautiful and powerful.

Success Rate:  + 4.2

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

1 comment:

  1. A fine choice to wash away the taste of a sub-par film. You remind me it's been far too long since i watched Jackie Brown. I've seen most of her '70s blaxploitation flics more recently. (And it's been even longer since i read Rum Punch)
    I already pulled it out and put Jackie Brown on the top of the vid pile to enjoy this week.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.