Thursday 28 December 2023

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (4 Stars)


Aquaman has settled down and has a family? I had to look that up to see if it's canon. Yes, he has a son in the comics as well, with the silly name Aquababy. I suppose it fits. He was later renamed Arthur Curry Jr. Not very imaginative, but it's better than Aquababy.

Black Manta returns after being defeated in the first film. He has two plans. First, he wants to cause an ecological disaster by stealing orichalcum to rapidly increase the world's temperature. Second, he wants to kill Aquaman as revenge for the death of his father. He finds a black trident that makes him more powerful than ever. It was created by Kordax, the ruler of the lost kingdom of Necrus. It's an underwater kingdom, of course. Kordax has some sort of control over Black Manta, but he doesn't make him do anything that he doesn't want to do already.

I found it difficult to rate the film. The story is entertaining, and the action is thrilling, but the cinematography is confusing. It's often not clear what's happening. My overall impression is positive, but I may re-evaluate it next time I watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.