Thursday 21 December 2023

Wine: Besigheimer Felsengarten Lemberger with Trollinger


This is an example of how wine should be drunk. I bought the bottle a few days ago from a supermarket opposite my cinema in Stuttgart. Two days ago I opened the bottle and took a few sips. The wine tasted bitter. I could hardly enjoy it. I drank the rest of the glass before bed, but I had to force myself.

I wouldn't have drunk the wine again, but I had a whole bottle and I didn't want to waste it. I poured a glass, and I let it stand while I was writing a lengthy blog post. About two hours. Then I finally put the glass to my mouth, and I was amazed. It tasted splendid, just as fruity as I'd expect from a Lemberger-Trollinger wine. A good wine needs time to breathe, especially a good red wine.

The taste isn't as mild as the Eberbach-Schäfer Trollinger-Lemberger, but it's still a good wine. Trollinger and Lemberger are two grapes which complement one another.

Interestingly, two Besigheimer wines were being sold side by side: Lemberger with Trollinger, and Trollinger with Lemberger. Usually the two grapes are mixed equally, but I assume that in this case one of the grapes is in the majority.

I'd like to go to a wine-tasting in Besigheim, not because I want to discover wines, since I can buy them in the shops. I want to meet wine experts who can share their opinions with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.