Sunday 1 March 2020

Bikini Drive-In (4 Stars)


This is the third film that I'm watching this week to remember the recently departed Nikki Fritz. Yes, that's her in the photo, showing that she can also play a Plain Jane, if the script demands it. She's a woman you wouldn't give a second glance in the street.

"Bikini Drive-In" was made in 1994, and I expect most of you know the basic premise of the bikini films. A young woman inherits something, anything from a car wash to a hotel to an airline to a bowling alley. Anything. Let's call it an X. Her newly inherited X is on the verge of bankruptcy, so she promotes it by filling it with sexy girls in bikinis. This saves the X, and in the process the young woman falls in love with a random man who supports her vision.

In this film, Kim Taylor inherits a drive-in movie theatre from her grandfather. It's $25,000 in debt, and if she doesn't pay the money within three days the bank will reclaim it. So she puts on a film evening with "Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers" as the climax. Everyone who works in the theatre has to wear a bikini, including Nikki Fritz, the girl selling snacks.


"But I can't possibly wear a bikini! I'm so ugly!"


"Please, God, don't let me look like a fool".


"Oh wow! I don't look so bad after all!"


"Let me do a quick twirl in front of the mirror!"

Business was never so good. The queue to buy snacks went round the block. The drive-in movie theatre was saved. I can guarantee you, I would have been standing in the queue to buy popcorn. And I don't even like popcorn!

Nikki Fritz
7 April 1968 – 26 February 2020


P. S. I wonder who plays the radio DJ Randy Rocket. He looks suspiciously like the wrestler Freddie Valentine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.