Friday 6 March 2020

Bedroom Eyes (3 Stars)


This is the 23rd film directed by Dean McKendrick, made in 2017. It's the last film that he made for Retromedia.

"Bedroom Eyes" is another erotic thriller, and it follows the usual pattern of a woman killing men either during or immediately after sex. The plot is somewhat more complex than in Dean McKendrick's other films. Two detectives, Parker and Jake, are hunting for a serial killer who leaves her victims dead in bed. The prime suspect is Jake's girlfriend, who works as a webcam model, and he's torn between his professional duty and his personal feelings.


The film's highlight is a brief appearance by the ever delightful Beverly Lynne. Apart from that, I find the film disappointing. I don't understand why I rated the film so highly the last time I watched it. After watching all of Dean McKendrick's films in order, I find this the weakest of his erotic thrillers, possibly the weakest of all his films. I think the complexity of the film spoils it. I have nothing against complex plots, but in this case it isn't done well. It was obvious from the start that the detective's wife couldn't be the killer, and as soon as all the characters had been introduced I knew who it was. It was so obvious that there was no mystery at all.

"Bedroom Eyes" is still available from Amazon on DVD, if you're curious about it. It's a must-buy for Beverly Lynne's fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.