Thursday 26 March 2020

Dungeons of Ecstasy (2 Stars)


This film amazes me. How can a film with so much sex and nudity be so boring? I didn't think I could make it to the end. I kept looking at my watch to see how much longer it would go on. Having said that, I'm glad I held on. There was a sex scene with Nikki Fritz 20 minutes from the end, just two minutes long, but it was enough to save the film from being utterly abysmal.

I bought the film on a whim last month, because it ticked all the right boxes. Beautiful girls. S & M. Nikki Fritz. What more does an English film fan want? I checked the mail every day, and it finally arrived from America this week. But everything about it is wrong. Almost everything.

It starts with the picture quality. It was immediately obvious to me that it's not a new film, despite being released in 2017. There haven't been fuzzy pictures like that since the 1990's. As the film progressed, I realised what had happened. The two-hour film consists of three 40-minute mini-films that were made in the late 1990's. These films might possibly have been good, but they've all been shortened from their original 70 to 80 minute running times.

And Nikki Fritz only appears in the third film.

There's not a plot to speak of. Whenever a plot begins in one of the mini-films, it's abandoned as soon as the next mini-film starts. Don't buy this film. It's a waste of money. All it's good for is a few minutes of Nikki Fritz.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Mike. Please remove the title Dungeons of Ecstasy. The film cannot be promoted, sold, and all copies have been destroyed per mutual legal agreement. It cannot be on websites anymore, even for informational purposes and is being removed from all websites. Thank you. If you need to, put an email here and we will contact you if you need more information from our attorney. Thank you for your understanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I'll gladly remove the review. But first tell me who you are and what the reason for the removal is. I don't post my email in public (to avoid being spammed), but if you write a comment with your email I'll write to you without publishing your comment.

      Delete
    2. P.S. There's no need for me to talk to your attorney. He'll only charge money for writing to me. Just tell me who you are, and if I think you're genuine I'll remove the review.

      Delete
  2. I think they are trying to scam you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I strongly suspect you're right. There have been a series of films released that are compilations of scenes from Dean McKendrick's films. I've spoken to Fred Olen Ray, and he told me that the films have been released without his permission.

      Delete

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.