Thursday 19 March 2020

Nurse (4 Stars)


You have to admit, "Nurse" is a very generic name for a film. It's so generic that it's usually called "Nurse 3D", as if the pseudo-3D deepening of an image were part of the film's title. Today I watched the 2D version of the film, so should I change the name to "Nurse 2D"? It's ridiculous.

Abby Russell is a nurse in a New York general hospital. I wish I could find a hospital where the nurses are dressed so sexily.


If Abby bent over my bed like that, my pulse would race and my blood pressure would go through the roof. Please, let me catch the Coronavirus fast. It would be worth it.

But the film isn't about what Abby does at work, it's about her hobbies. She detests married men who cheat on their wives. She's on a one-woman mission to defend women from cheaters. She picks up married men in bars, and if they want sex with her she kills them, after holding a small speech about how badly they've treated their wives. She doesn't actually have sex with the men, she doesn't want to soil herself, but she goes far enough for the men to feel guilty in their last minutes of life. For instance, in the pre-credits scene she gives a man a handjob before slashing him with a knife.


Some men are finished off fast, while she takes her time with others. She particularly dislikes one of her colleagues, Dr. Morris, so she straps him to an operating table and cuts his arms off. That's gotta hurt!

If she had limited herself to killing bad men I would have had sympathy with her, but she also treats women badly. She's attracted to a junior nurse, Danni, and when Danni rejects her romantic advances she frames her for the murder of one of her victims. Women should stick together.

The film was the subject of a court case after it was made in 2013. For some reason, the voice of the lead actress, Paz de la Huerta, was dubbed over. This was done against her will, so she sued the studio for compensation and demanded that her real voice be put back in the film. She lost the court case, so what I watched today was the version with another unnamed actress's voice.

This is a thrilling film. I enjoyed it a lot, and I need to watch it again soon.

Success Rate:  - 124.6

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

The film has been released on Blu-ray in America and Germany, but it's only available on DVD in England. (I haven't checked other countries). Why should England be so backward?



Addendum on 28th May 2023

Today I received a strange message from Google's Blogger Team, probably an automated message. It claims that this post contains sensitive material, so the post has been put behind a warning screen. I was advised to read the Google policy guidelines, which I have done, and I see this post as a borderline case. I have also received similar messages about other posts which have no inappropriate material. Based on suspicious activity on my blog over the last two hours, it seems like my blog is being targeted by a malicious person who's reporting random posts in order to disrupt my blogging.

I have already appealed against the flagging of another post, "Bikini Carwash Company", reposting it without changes, and it has been re-instated. Thank you, Google. I have made minor changes to this post, and I wish you to re-evaluate it. If you nevertheless still consider it inappropriate, please give me a detailed description of what I have done wrong, and I shall accept the Google warning screen.

I have two wishes to Google:

1. Please re-instate my post as quickly as possible.

2. Please contact me from an email that I can reply to, so that we can avoid things like this happening again in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.