Wednesday 27 December 2023

Kick-Ass (5 Stars)


Aaron Taylor-Johnson is currently the favourite actor to become the next James Bond. That must mean he won't be picked, because the favourite actor never gets the role. The studios like to keep us in suspense. He was interviewed for the role over a year ago, but nothing has been revealed.

"Kick-Ass" is in 98th position in my top 100 list. Only 98th? Don't say "only". Every film in my top 100 is a work of genius. I don't know how many films I've seen in my life, before and after I started writing my blog. It must be thousands. So putting a film in 98th place is a great honour indeed. It's impossible to say how many full length films have been made since 1915, when "Birth of a Nation" was released. The consensus is that about 500,000 films have been made worldwide, but that's a very rough estimate. Accepting that estimate, "Kick-Ass" is in the top 0.02%.

It's a film that's grown on me. The first three times I watched it, I only gave it 4½ stars. My tastes have changed? Maybe. Looking back, I don't know why I didn't give it five stars from the beginning.


Size matters?


Not always. Mindy Macready might be a small girl with small guns, but she always finishes on top. You know what they say: the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Success Rate:  + 1.4

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.