Monday 11 February 2019

Happy Death Day (5 Stars)


"I'm not a good person".

The totally unexpected sequel to "Happy Death Day" will be released on Valentine's Day, three days from now. I can hardly wait to see it. My local cinema is only showing it dubbed into German, but that's better than nothing. German dubbing is usually of high quality, and the film doesn't feature any actors whose voices I know well.


"I'm not a good person".

After seeing the trailer for "Happy Death Day 2U" I have the impression that the sequel won't be understood by anyone who hasn't seen the first film. You still have a few days left to buy the first film. It's worth the money. It was one of the best films of 2017, although I admit that I didn't fully appreciate it until I watched it the second time. Loose ends were left, but maybe the sequel will clear them up. If not, I shan't worry. It's a great film anyway. I just hope that the sequel will live up to it.


"I'm not a good person".

Today I took the trouble to make notes about how many times Theresa "Tree" Gelbman died in the first film. It was exactly ten times.

1. She was stabbed with a knife when leaving a tunnel.
2. She was stabbed with a broken bong in Nick's room.
3. She was stabbed with a knife in her own room.
4. She was stabbed with a knife outside Tim's room.
5. She was drowned outside Stephanie's house.
6. She was run over by a bus while fighting Danielle.
7. She was killed with a baseball bat after hitting Becky.
8. She was killed in an exploding police car.
9. She hanged herself.
10. She died in her sleep after being poisoned.

Maybe the ten deaths were enough to atone for her being a bad person.


"I'm not a good person".

Success Rate:  + 23.5

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.