Wednesday 6 February 2019

Unfriended (5 Stars)


The first time I watched this film was in the cinema. The second time I watched it was at home on my 40" television. Today I watched it on my computer. That's the best way to watch it. To enjoy the full atmosphere of the film it needs to be watched on a computer screen; preferably a relatively large screen – I have a 27" monitor – but it has to be a computer.

That's not something I would normally recommend, but this is a special film. The whole film takes place in real time on a teenage girl's computer screen while she talks to her friends in Skype. Somehow a dead schoolmate is taking part in the group conversation, accusing them of driving her to suicide. If you watch the film on your computer you have the feeling that it's all taking place on your very own computer.

A few years ago most PCs had DVD drives. Recently I've heard salesmen try to talk customers out of having any sort of disc drive because it's archaic, they claim; you can get everything you need from the Internet. I beg to differ. The only advantage of having a disc-less computer is that you can save a few dollars on the purchase price. You'll suffer later on when you can't do something because what you want isn't on the Internet.

I'll give my readers a piece of advice. If you disagree, it's your loss. I know I'm right.

Never buy a computer unless it has a Blu-ray drive.

I don't care whether it's a desktop PC or a laptop. Every computer needs a Blu-ray drive. Don't let any third rate salesman talk you out of it. Many stores don't even have laptops with Blu-ray drives in stock. If you can't order one, go to another store.

Success Rate:  + 62.1

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.