Friday 7 October 2011

Beastly [Guest Writer] (2½ Stars)


Kyle (Alex Pettyfer) thinks he is God's gift at his high school. He plays a prank on a fellow high school student, Kendra (Mary-Kate Olsen) who, unbeknown to him is a witch. Kendra teaches him a lesson by putting a curse on him making him as beastly on the outside as he is on the inside. He has one year to find someone to fall in love with him or stay like that forever.

Words cannot express my utter lack of interest in this movie. I think the best way to describe how bored I was with this movie was the mention that I had gone to see this movie in theaters (against my better judgement I may add but my date at the time wanted to see something romantic) and both me and my date ended up falling asleep not even a third of the way through. It was an expensive nap in my opinion so I'm glad I'm not the one that paid for the tickets and food.

I can say that what I did see didn't interest me one bit. Now I did mention that I don't like romance movies but this is even worse than Sleepless in Seattle or You've Got Mail. Watching this movie was worse than watching paint dry and seeing it once was one time too many. The story was cliched and the acting sub-par. I wouldn't liken it to the Twilight saga because I can at least stomach watching that and find it a little bit interesting but I do admit this movie is much more suited to girls that aren't over the age of 14 years old. The acting was bad and the ONLY relief I had in this movie was with Neil Patrick's snarky remarks sprinkled throughout the movie. Would I recommend this movie? I'd only recommend it to young girls and tell adults to go watch another movie while their kids are busy or take a pillow and blanket. I only give this movie 2½ stars because I know that tweens would enjoy this and the positive message it tries to send because otherwise it would be lucky to get 1 star (and that's just because I like Neil).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.