Tuesday 20 June 2023

Extraction 2 (3½ Stars)



This is a Netflix original film. Calling a film direct-to-streaming used to be an insult, but now Netflix boasts about it.

I haven't seen "Extraction", also a Netflix original film, which was made in 2020, but I didn't have the feeling that I was missing anything. Tyler Rake (Chris Hemsworth) is a retired Australian mercenary living a peaceful life in Austria. He's sworn never to do any more rescue missions (extractions), until he's told that his ex-wife's sister is being held in a prison in Georgia with her two children. These are strange circumstances. Her husband Davit is serving a long prison sentence for murder, and he's asked for his family to join him in prison for their own protection. He says they might be killed by a rival gang, but it's really just an excuse to stop them betraying him. His wife isn't given any choice in the matter.

Tyler breaks into the prison and kills Davit when he attempts to stop him freeing his family. The rest of the film is made up of non-stop action sequences with Davit's brother seeking revenge. I like action films, but in my opinion "Extraction 2" overdoes it. I would have appreciated a little more story in between the battle scenes,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.