Wednesday 21 June 2023

Source Code (4 Stars)



I own this film on disc, and I've been telling myself that I need to rewatch it for a long time, but I didn't realise until today just how long it's been. Twelve years! Time flies.

Someone has detonated a bomb on a train, killing over 400 people. Another attack is expected, so a government agency sends the army pilot Colter Stevens into the mind of one of the victims to relive the last eight minutes of his life. He has to use this time to find out who planted the bomb. If he fails, he has to repeat the eight minutes, over and over again.

"Source Code" is a well-crafted science fiction film, but you have to suspend belief. Despite the explanations given that it's all based on quantum physics, the bottom line is that the film doesn't make sense. "Groundhog Day" is more successful by not being explained. As soon as scientific explanations are offered, it should make sense, but it doesn't. Sometimes I over-analyse films.

Success Rate:  + 2.6

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.