Friday 23 June 2023

General: Best of Cinema


On the first Tuesday of every month my cinema participates in a Best of Cinema event. A film is shown which is considered to be a masterpiece of cinema. I've already seen most, but not all of the films. If my schedule allows it, I try to be in the cinema for every film. So far, 18 films have been shown, and the next six films have already been announced.

Are the films shown really the best films ever made? Who picked them? My guess is that they're the personal choice of a film critic at Kabel Eins, the television studio that created the Best of Cinema event. There's no significance to the order in which the films are shown. Complaints might be made about the omissions, but it's an ongoing film series, so nothing has been omitted. If your favourite film isn't in the list, wait till next year. Or the year after that. So please only comment on what's in the list, not what isn't. As far as I can tell, the only restriction in the list is that only films have been picked which have been given a 4K restoration. With the exception of "Perfume", 2006, every film is at least 20 years old.

So here's the list. Please write your comments below.

2022


2023


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.