Thursday 1 June 2023

Tragedy Girls (5 Stars)


This is the ninth film in my high school marathon. Despite having a lot of other films I could add, I've decided to make it the last film. It's a film that ends with a high school prom, which brings me full circle after beginning the films with "Carrie".


It's a night to remember, especially for Jordan Welch and Sadie Cunningham, who're voted the prom king and prom queen. Jordan is the sheriff's son. Sadie is a serial killer.


But the film's title is girls in the plural. Sadie's best friend is McKayla Hooper. They sit together in class, they're in the cheerleading squad together, and they're on the prom committee together. They're inseparable. They even murder people together.


Sadie and McKayla have big plans, and they don't have much time. "We're about to graduate and go to college, and we haven't even started our first killing spree". McKayla's right. The big slasher films all start in high school years.


I've written about the film a few times, so I shan't add anything today. All I'll say is that it's one of the best slasher films of the 21st Century. It's an original film that breathes new life into the teen slasher genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.