Wednesday 4 September 2013

Body Chemistry 4: Full Exposure (4 Stars)


This is the last in the series of films about the psychologist and serial killer, Dr. Claire Archer. Normally I would complain about the leading character being changed within a series, but Shannon Tweed takes over as Dr. Archer in this film, which is a welcome change. Roger Corman is the executive producer for the series, and Jim Wynorski directed the third and fourth installments. It's been a long time since I watched the first three parts, but as I remember sado-masochism played a bigger role. The sex in the fourth part, which I watched today, is more vanilla, although Shannon -- oops, I meant Claire -- is always the one in control.

The film begins with Claire killing a reporter who was about to publish an article about her. She goes to the top attorney Simon Mitchell and asks him to defend her. He is convinced of her innocence, so he does an expert job in tearing apart the prosecution's case. But he also falls under Claire's spell and begins a dangerous affair with her, which threatens both his marriage and his job.

This is the second film I've watched in a row that was directed by Jim Wynorski. If I counted correctly, I have 22 of his films in my DVD collection. That's enough for a marathon. Soon. There are a few marathons I'd like to do, when I have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.