Friday 3 June 2016

Wonder Woman XXX (3½ Stars)


I'm not sure what's going on behind the scenes. Axel Braun made films for Vivid Studios for many years.Then he left Vivid to work for Wicked Studios. Now he's back with Vivid again. "Wonder Woman XXX" is a sequel to "Batman vs Superman XXX", a film which I haven't seen and don't intend to see. I boycott all films made by Wicked Studios out of principle. I made this decision two years ago after watching "Snow White XXX". As far as I'm concerned, Wicked is a third rate film studio that puts unreasonable artistic demands on the directors who work for them. I assume that this is why Axel left them. The truth will come out eventually.


I was excited to hear about this film. I've had something of a Wonder Woman fetish ever since I was a teenager. "Wonder Woman" was the only DC comic I read. Everything else was Marvel. The Wonder Woman TV series disappointed me. Lynda Carter was very attractive, but her costume wasn't sexy enough. The cleavage came and went from episode to episode, varying from moderate to none at all, probably due to how tightly she put it on. The lower part was totally wrong. In the comics the shorts were cut almost like a thong, revealing most of her bottom, but in the TV series they're shaped like granny panties.

The costume worn by Kimberly Kane in "Wonder Woman XXX" is doubtlessly the sexiest version ever, but I have to criticise the cameraman. In the scenes where Wonder Woman is fully dressed the camera usually shows a close-up of her face. Only rarely does it zoom out far enough to show her cleavage. There are only two brief full body shots from behind. This is a great lost opportunity.

Of course, there are scenes where Wonder Woman is completely or partially naked. We see plenty of her then, but it's not the same. I want to see Wonder Woman, not Kimberly Kane, so I wish that we could see more of her with her uniform.


The film begins with Wonder Woman battling Angle Man. After defeating him she teams up with Superman to face Ares. Bruce Wayne assists in tracking down Ares, but he's unable to fight as Batman because of injuries that I assume he sustained in "Batman vs Superman XXX".

Overall it's not a bad film, but it's not spectacular either. Evan Stone puts on an awesome performance as Ares. Usually I like Eric Masterson, but his performance as Doctor Fate is spoilt by his helmet; I could hardly understand what he was saying. If you're a big Axel Braun fan like me you'll want to watch this film. If you're only a Wonder Woman fan you probably won't be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.