Tuesday 2 July 2013

Lost Highway (5 Stars)


I just re-read my last review of "Lost Highway", and there's not much I can add to it. The more often I watch the film, the more I think that my interpretation of the film as a time loop is correct.

The sex scene between Fred (Bill Pullman) and Renee (Patricia Arquette) at the beginning of the film is the eeriest, most unsettling sex I've ever seen in a film. Only a genius like David Lynch could make sex seem scary. The sex scene between Pete (Balthazar Getty) and Alice (Patricia Arquette again) at the end of the film is almost as threatening.

"Alice who? Her name is Renee. If she's told you her name is Alice, she's lying. And your name? What the fuck is your name?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.