Saturday 13 July 2013

Mamma Mia (4 Stars)


This was the fifth film shown at the 2013 Outdoor Film Festival at Brindley Place in Birmingham. Today was a special day for me; I actually managed to get a beanbag. It was amazingly comfortable. I didn't have to keep changing positions like I did when I was sitting on my own pillow the last few days.

This is a film I've wanted to see for some time, and I wasn't disappointed. Donna Sheridan is a single mother who runs a restaurant on a small Greek island. Her daughter Sophie is about to get married. Sophie has never known her father, but shortly before the wedding she reads one of her mother's old diaries and finds out that she slept with three men within a short time. Since any of them could be her father, she invites all three to the wedding. All three men gladly accept Sophie as their daughter, so she quickly advances from having no father to having three fathers.

The crowd loved it, both young and old. As you can see from the photos, they expressed their enjoyment by dancing and singing along. Those who felt too warm danced in the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.