I only ever went to the cinema six times with my parents.
- "The Wizard of Oz", the Avion (Aldridge), with my mother
- "Call me Bwana", the Avion (Aldridge), with my mother
- "2001: A Space Odyssey", in Walsall, with my father (not sure which cinema)
- "Beneath the Planet of the Apes", in Walsall, with my father (not sure which cinema)
- "The Magnificent Two", the Imperial (Walsall), with my mother
- "Z", the Clifton (Great Barr), with my mother
- Day 1: Grease
- Day 2: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Day 3: Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Day 4: The Goonies
- Day 5: Mamma Mia
- Day 6: Shrek / Mary Poppins
- Day 7: Madagascar / The Wizard of Oz
Most years I like to visit a few venues for Birmingham's annual jazz festival. For one week jazz bands play in bars and restaurants throughout Birmingham. I missed out this year since it was running at the same time as the film festival, but after watching "The Wizard of Oz" I went to the Slug & Lettuce to listen to the Digby Fairweather Big Four. No, I'd never heard of them before, but they were very good. They became a Big Five for their second set when they were joined by a guest singer. The music was very laid back and relaxing, a perfect way to cool down after sitting outside watching a film in burning sunlight.