Monday 16 September 2019

3 From Hell (5 Stars)


This is the 20th film in the Stuttgart Fantasy Film Festival.

When "The Witness" was shown there was a general consensus that it was a good film. It's different with "3 From Hell". I loved the film, but almost everyone I spoke to disagreed with me.

It's a sequel to "The Devil's Rejects", made in 2005. Usually I complain about delayed sequels, but in this case it succeeds, because it's been made by the same writer/director, Rob Zombie. It takes place 10 years after the events of "The Devil's Rejects". The three criminals have been in prison all this time. Otis Driftwood and Captain Spaulding have been sentenced to death. Baby Firefly has been sentenced to life imprisonment with the chance of parole after 10 years.

At the beginning, Captain Spaulding is executed. Otis is freed from prison by his brother, and together they free Baby.

The film runs wild with sex and violence. It's ugly, but the ugliness is fascinating. For me Baby Firefly is the film's main character. She's much more insane than Harley Quinn, a true killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.