Saturday 21 September 2019

Bliss (2 Stars)


This is the 44th film in the Stuttgart Fantasy Film Festival.

What a mess!

Dezzy is an artist struggling to finish a painting that she needs to sell to pay her bills. Because of delays the sale is cancelled, and she's in danger of being evicted from her apartment. To console herself she visits a dealer to purchase a potent cocaine derivative called Diablo. Over the next few days she has frequent blackouts, during which she continues to paint.

Late in the film Dezzy turns into a vampire. It's too late. By then I'd already given up any interest I had in the film. Normally I like vampires, because vampires are sexy, but not in "Bliss". There's more blood and gore than in any film I've seen at the festival this year. It's an ugly film with ugly vampires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.