Tuesday 24 September 2019

Wine: Eberbach-Schäfer Samtrot

I mentioned in yesterday's post about wine that I bought a bottle of Eberach-Schäfer's Samtrot. The Samtrot grapes aren't my favourite, because they're sweeter than the other Württemberg red wines. However, I wasn't prepared for what hit me. The wine is so tasty and velvety that I was overwhelmed. This is the best Samtrot wine that I've tasted.

Most red wines are best drunk at room temperature, but I find this wine unfolds its flavour best if slightly cooled.

What do the experts say?

The wine has a beautiful fruity scent with aromas of raspberry, currants, cherries, carnations, rose hips and roses. Juicy on the palate, velvety, dense sweetish fruit, noticeable residual sweetness, charming and with a nice after-taste.

I'll write about the Eberbach-Schäfer wines as I drink them. Eight bottles to start with, maybe others later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.