Saturday 21 September 2019

Angel Of Mine (3 Stars)


This is the 41st film in the Stuttgart Fantasy Film Festival.

It's my birthday today, so what better place to spend it than in the cinema? Some of the films are great, some are average, some are poor, but that's what you can expect from any film festival. I'm happy that I have the chance to go to the Fantasy Film Festival each year, because it gives me the chance to see films that I would otherwise never see.

"Angel Of Mine" is one of the average films. For the first half of the film I thought I would have to give it a lower rating, but it picked up towards the end.

Lizzie's baby daughter was killed in a fire in the maternity unit soon after her birth. She spent a year in a mental institution, and seven years later she's still struggling to cope. She sees a seven-year-old girl at a children's birthday party, and she becomes obsessed with her, peeping through the window and taking photos of her outside school.

This is a very creepy film. For most of the film I shuddered, asking myself when she would finally be arrested.

I've never liked Noomi Rapace as an actress, but in this film she puts on an excellent performance as a mentally unstable grieving mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.