Monday 2 September 2019

Jackie Brown (5 Stars)


Here is Pam Grier in the title role flipping through her LP collection before finally picking an album by the Delfonics. Music plays an important part in this film, just as it did in Quentin Tarantino's first film, "Reservoir Dogs".


We don't just hear the music playing in the background, the Delfonics are mentioned by name several times. The gun salesman Ordell Robbie expresses surprise when he finds out that the bail bondsman Max Cherry listens to the Delfonics. I'm not sure why. Does Ordell think Max is too old, too square or too white to like their music?

The scene of Jackie Brown in her apartment is the only chance we get to see Pam Grier's bare feet. I would have liked to take a closer look. To make up, the film offers several close ups of Bridget Fonda's feet.


Feet, alcohol, keys and jewellery. There must be a hidden message.


Let's take a closer look at the feet. Perfectly formed toes.


Almost all of Quentin Tarantino's films feature close ups of feet, but I believe this is the closest view we get. I'll point out the bare feet in my next reviews of his films. I posted a few screenshots in my review of "Death Proof", but I'll make an effort to show all the feet in my upcoming reviews.


Despite not seeing much of her feet, the film is an ode to Pam Grier's beauty. I used to have a crush on her when I was younger. Here are a few photos that will show you why.




She's stunning, isn't she?

It's difficult for me to say which one of Quentin Tarantino's films I like most. They're all so good. "Jackie Brown" is a contender for the top spot.

Success Rate:  + 4.2

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.