Tuesday 17 September 2019

Red Letter Day (3 Stars)


This is the 22nd film in the Stuttgart Fantasy Film Festival.

The film's premise is infeasible, but the end result is effective, due to the fast action and the competent acting. In a suburban community letters are delivered to everyone, written on red paper and sealed in red envelopes. In each letter the name and photo of a person is contained, with the instruction to kill him before he kills you. That person has also received a letter with your name. Some people try to act reasonably, but paranoia sets in, and everyone is knocking on the door of his opponent.

I might have given the film a higher rating, but the violence is so explicit that it gave me a sick feeling in my stomach. I must be getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.