Friday 27 September 2019

League of Gods (1 Star)


Please remind me to stay away from Chinese fantasy films. They go wild from the first minute, and I don't mean that in a positive way. This film begins with fights between mystical beings and demons, and it took me half an hour to figure out who they were. The CGI is extravagantly overused, on the level of a good computer game, but totally unrealistic in the context of a film. Talking plants, men with eyeballs in their forehead, fighting babies, the film has it all... and I wish it had a lot less.

Worst of all, the film ends on a cliff-hanger, as a battle is about to begin. Will there be a sequel? "League of Gods" was made in 2016, and there is still no mention of a sequel being made. Maybe a sequel was planned, but it was cancelled due to the justifiably poor performance at the box office. This is a film that I wish I had never watched.

Success Rate:  - 0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.