Wednesday 25 September 2019

Wine: Eberbach-Schäfer Riesling

Yesterday one of my regular readers wrote me a message asking me why I'm writing about wine. My answer was simply "Why not?" My blog is about me, my life and my interests. My main interest is films, so that's what I write about most, but I also like drinking wine.

I realise that I'm no expert when it comes to wines. I read the descriptions of the experts, and I just shake my head, because I'm not able to follow what they write. In the case of this wine they write:

The wine has a very beautiful scent of peach, apple, grapefruit, lemons, grass, and floral notes. Racy on the palate, lots of fruit, aromatic, fine spicy, mineral, finesse, delicate carbon dioxide and a very long after-taste.

Württemberg is known for its red wines, but there are some very good white wines. The most common is the Riesling grape, but it's unlike the Riesling produced in other countries. It has a dryer taste, varying from medium dry to very dry. Some of the Württemberg Riesling wines are highly acidic, but not the Eberbach-Schäfer Riesling. It has a well-rounded taste that improves with the second glass. This is a white wine that I can return to.

There's a dryer version that's only available on order. I'll try it sometime later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.