Tuesday 27 December 2016

Death on the Nile (3 Stars)


The rich heiress Linnet Ridgeway goes on a cruise along the Nile. One night she is murdered. All nine of her friends accompanying her have a motive for wanting her dead. By a stroke of luck the Belgian detective Hercule Poirot just happens to be a passenger on the same cruise boat, so he helps to solve the murder.

If I were judging Agatha Christie's book, "Death on the Nile", I would doubtlessly give it five stars. I read most of her books when I was younger, and I greatly enjoyed all of them. However, I don't think that her books translate well to film. Long periods of the film were spent with the detective, Hercule Poirot, sitting with the others and explaining to them how he had deduced who was a possible suspect and who wasn't. That might be fascinating in a book, but in a film it's boring, however talented the actors are.

Forget the film. Read the book.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.