Saturday 10 December 2016

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (3 Stars)


I watched this film three years ago. In my review I was very critical of it, but I thought I would give it another chance. My opinion hasn't changed since then. It's not up to the level of Steven Spielberg's other films, neither in character development nor in emotional depth. It's mildly entertaining as an action adventure, but the poor plot lets it down. Worst of all are the third-rate special effects in the final sequence where the Ark goes ballistic. It looks like the budget was exhausted before they finished filming. I honestly don't understand why the film was so successful. If you want to watch a good film about an archaeological dig in Egypt try "The Mummy".


If any Jewish rabbis can explain why a female ghost emerged from the Ark to kill the German soldiers please leave a comment.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.