Tuesday 3 April 2018

Slumdog Millionaire (5 Stars)


Yesterday my son Benjamin told me that he'd never seen "Slumdog Millionaire". Even worse, he'd never heard of it. I had to put that right.

The lead actors, Dev Patel and Freida Pinto, are so perfect for their roles that the casting is almost miraculous. It was the first film for both of them. It takes a special kind of skill to recognise the skill of a new actor. Director Danny Boyle selected them both himself. It's common for top directors to select the lead roles themselves and only let the casting directors pick the actors for the smaller parts.


There's a lot that happens in the film, but at its core it's a love story. After watching the film we sat talking, and I impressed upon Benjamin that nothing in life is as important as love. Am I the right person to be telling him that? He's single. I'm single. It's like the blind are leading the blind.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.