Saturday 28 April 2018

13 Erotic Ghosts (4 Stars)


Today I watched the re-edited new release of "13 Erotic Ghosts", a film which is supposedly one of Fred Olen Ray's most popular erotic films. I can't judge if that's true. I like them all.


Fred made a series of 32 films using the pseudonym Nicholas Medina, which has led to them being referred to as the Medina Collection. You can find a list of all 32 films, with links to my reviews, in the sidebar, as long as you're viewing my blog on a PC. If not, they're listed again in this post.

This is the second film in the Medina Collection to be re-edited and released in widescreen format. The first was "Bikini Carwash Academy". In the case of "Bikini Carwash Academy" big differences were obvious, such as changes in the music and the opening credits. When I watchaed "13 Erotic Ghosts" today the only difference I noticed was that the personal introduction by Fred Olen Ray was missing. I intend to watch both versions side by side next week to look for other differences.


The film follows the (mis)adventures of a television team who visit a haunted castle. Jay Richardson is the leader of the television team and Julie Strain is Baroness Lucretia, one of the ghosts who has been haunting the castle for the last 100 years. The ghosts can be seen but not filmed, which means the television show will be a failure.

"Bikini Airways", the second film in the Medina Collection, will be re-released at the end of this month, also in widescreen format. It's the third film that I'm most interested in, "Haunting Desires", so I hope Fred will continue with the re-releases in order. I would be even happier if he could release the films on Blu-ray, but it's possible that the source tapes aren't of sufficient quality and would need an extensive remastering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.