Sunday 4 August 2024

Hostel: Part III (2 Stars)



This evening my son Benjamin said he wanted to watch "Hostel Part III" with me. I watched it a few years ago, but I could hardly remember it, except for the fact that I didn't like it. I could have read my old review to refresh my memory, but I decided to jump right in.

I haven't changed my mind. The film is still a disappointment to me compared with the first two parts. It isn't the same without Eli Roth. The new director, Scott Spiegel, considered it necessary to do something new. By changing the premise, he's ruined the film. In the original two parts people paid large sums of money so they could kill someone. In this part people just pay to watch others do the killing for them. Wimps.

I shan't say anything more about the plot. My words might entice you to give the film a chance. That's the last thing I want to do. Maybe it's unavoidable. In America the film is only available as part of a box set with the first two parts. If you're curious enough to watch it, don't say I didn't warn you.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.