Tuesday 27 December 2022

Ghostbusters (4 Stars)


I didn't intend to watch this film again so soon, but my son Benjamin forced me to watch it. Oh wait, he doesn't do that. Let's just say that he asked nicely, and I didn't have it in my heart to say No.

My son's trouble is that he relies on Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney Plus to watch films. Between the three of them he has a good, but not perfect selection. He's probably watched every horror film on Netflix and most horror films on Amazon Prime. He's able to play DVDs and Blu-rays on his Playstation 4, but he doesn't. What I'm trying to say, in my long-winded manner, is that after all these years he's never watched "Ghostbusters". That's a hole in his education.


So where's the franchise going from here? The first film was made in 1984. It could have been left alone, but a sequel was made in 1989. I still haven't watched it, I've just been told that it's not very good. I need to make up my mind for myself.

In 2016 a third film was made which nobody likes except me. It's called a reboot, and I even described it as a remake myself in my first review, but I don't think it's true. I'll decide next time I watch it.

In 2021 "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" was made, obviously a sequel to the first two films. And now a fifth film is planned next year. Will the film series continue at top speed? I hope so. Maybe it can be tied in with the 2016 film to prove that it's not a reboot.

Success Rate:  + 9.8

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.