Monday 26 December 2022

Scream 4 (4½ Stars)


Yes, I know I'm watching the Scream films out of order. I watched "Scream 2022" aka "Scream 5" yesterday, and now I'm watching "Scream 4". I'd like to blame my son Benjamin, but it's really my own fault. He doesn't force me to watch any film. Next time I watch them, I'll watch all five films in order, probably in March before the sixth film arrives in the cinema. I also intend to make notes with a complete kill list. I know I've watched the films repeatedly, but I can't even name the character played by Drew Barrymore in the first film. I know there are websites that already list the information, but it's more fun to do it myself. I'll just check the websites afterwards to see if I've made any mistakes.

One thing I can say now is that that "Scream 2022" is an improvement over "Scream 4". It's obvious when watching them after one another, even in the wrong order.

I just hope that the new films will be made in quick succession, one a year. Keep up the excitement. The meta aspects and the self-criticism in the last two films especially are a good excuse for any weakening as the series continues. I'll comment further on this after seeing the sixth film in the cinema.

Success Rate:  + 0.4

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.