Thursday 15 December 2022

Bad Girls Behind Bars (3 Stars)


This is the second film on the Model Prisoners Blu-ray, combined with "Baby Dolls Behind Bars". Or is it the first? On the Blu-ray cover it's listed first, which is strange. Alphabetically, it would come second. Chronologically, it would also come second (2016 is later than 2012). Most significantly, in terms of quality it comes second. In my opinion, this is one of the weakest Retromedia erotic films ever made. There are many other films that are more deserving of a Blu-ray release, but this film has won the honour of becoming Retromedia's eighth erotic film on Blu-ray by being paired with another prison drama.

This a film that I call an apocryphal film. That strange word describes films directed by neither Fred Olen Ray nor Dean McKendrick. "Bad Girls Behind Bars" was directed by Sal V. Miers, an anagram of Sam Silver, which is Dan Golden's usual synonym.


"Bad Girls" (shortening the title) might not be as good as "Baby Dolls", but it has some things in its favour. It stars Sarah Hunter, who was the best actress in the last few years of Retromedia's erotic films. That's just my personal opinion, of course, but if you disagree you need to tell me who you think is better and why. This photo shows her playing the thief Renee Dobbins talking to the undercover reporter Georgina (Jacqui Holland) in the gym.


It doesn't just remain talking. They progress to an interesting workout.


Being a male guard in a women's prison is a dream career for most men. Georgina doesn't have any money, but she can still bribe the guard.


Whether she remains in her cell or gets an invitation to the guard's office, Georgina gives the guard what he wants. But if I were a guard I'd shut the door behind me.


Georgina only performs sexual acts with men when she needs a favour. She prefers women. Luckily she has a beautiful cellmate.


In case you didn't recognise her with her clothes off, Georgina's cellmate is Erika Jordan. Erika is the only actress who appears in both films on the Blu-ray.


The guard can't cover up the fact that he's been letting Georgina out of her cell. The matron punishes him with a stern whipping. Maybe he enjoys it and wanted to be found out. I know I would have enjoyed the punishment.

At this point you're probably wondering why I don't like the film. First, let me emphasise that a three film rating doesn't mean that I actually dislike a film; it means that I find the film average. "Bad Girls" has good and bad features that weigh one another out. What disturbs me about this film is the performance of Jacqui Holland, who has the main role. In her previous films I found her acting average, but in this film it's poor. This is most apparent in the sex scenes, where she lies back looking bored. You might say that it's easy to get bored when you're pretending to have sex, but she's done better in the past. She lets the film down. 

So what's the next Medina/McKendrick/Apocrypha Blu-ray going to be? I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.