Sunday 16 April 2017

Ant-Man (5 Stars)


This is the fourth and final film in my Easter Marvel mini-marathon. Are you wondering why I'm not planning another Marvel film for tomorrow? I have a good excuse. I have a lot of other things to do tomorrow. My life doesn't retirely around films. Mostly, but not entirely.

This is a film that obviously doesn't take itself too seriously. Even though it's based on one of Marvel's oldest heroes, created by the genius of Stan Lee in 1962, Ant-Man seems like a comedy figure. How can someone become a hero by shrinking to the size of an ant? Ridiculous!

The film relies heavily on the use of CGI. Normally I would say that as a criticism, but for a film of this nature it's essential. How else could the miniature hero Scott Lang be shown rushing into action surrounded by an army of ants?

"Ant-Man" is an excellent film, despite the departure of Edgar Wright as director. I can hardly wait to see what direction the sequel will take.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

P.S. In case you didn't notice, I managed to add the extra three labels to yesterday's post. It was a bit of a hack, and if I need to re-edit the post for any reason I'll have to remove them again, but I'm happy I have them in place for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.