Friday 14 April 2017

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (5 Stars)


Let's start a new tradition. I'll watch Marvel films every Easter. If I forget about it next year and watch other films I invite my readers to yell at me. Don't y'all forget now!

This is a film with fantastic action from beginning to end. Moreover, it's the first film in which Captain America acts like Captain America. He flings a shield to owerpower opponents instead of firing a gun. He takes the moral high ground whenever anyone, including Nick Fury, suggests a course of action that contradicts his feeling of justice and the American way. This is classic 1960's Captain America as written by Stan Lee.

Of course, Stan Lee has a cameo in the film. I ought to publish a gallery of his cameo appearances, but I'm sure others have already done it. I'll check out what other people have done, and I'll only make my own gallery if I think I can do something better, or at least something different. If not I'll just publish a link to whichever gallery I think is best. I won't do it any time soon. I think that the end of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 would be the best time.

At the moment I'm trying to remember if Natasha Romanoff was ever referred to as the Black Widow in any of the Marvel films. She certainly wasn't in this film. I'll have to play close attention the next time I watch the MCU films from the beginning. That would be a good idea for a film marathon. Maybe next Easter. I already own the first 12 films on Blu-ray. I might have a few more by then.


"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" includes the first hints of a romance between Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff. The film starts with her suggesting girls he could ask out on a date. That's a typical strategy for a woman who doesn't want to admit she's interested in a man. Later in the film she gives him his first kiss for 70 years. That's special. Let's see if anything develops from this in the next few films.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.