Sunday 9 July 2017

Ghost Rider (4 Stars)


Not everyone likes this film. Even I have my doubts about it. The original comic book series, which ran from 1973 to 1983, wasn't for everyone either. "Too Satanic" is a criticism often levelled against it. But there's one thing that we can all agree on: he's the coolest looking comic book hero ever. The leather spiked jacket. The chains. The burning head. All of that screams cool, but just look at that motorbike! Even without the burning wheels, its design is enough to make anyone drool with envy.

As I've written in the past, on paper the film does everything right. It presses all the right buttons, and yet there's someting unsatisfying about it. Maybe it's the supporting characters who aren't fleshed out, in particular the three elemental angels who aren't even named in the film, apart from the final credits. In case you're wondering, they're called Abigor (air), Gressil (earth) and Wallow (water).

I'm sure I'll watch the film again. Until then, I have a challenge. Would any of my friends like to review it for me? Send me your review, as long and detailed as possible, and I'll publish it in my blog.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.