Friday 22 December 2017

Ruby Red (4 Stars)


What's it about? It's a teen science-fiction fantasy adventure about two families of time-travellers. 16-year-old Gwendolyn Shepherd, the long prophesied "Ruby", has to stop her boyfriend's great-great-great-great-grandfather coming to the 21st century to enslave the world. The plot might sound very difficult to take seriously, but it's based on a best-selling novel by the German fantasy author Kerstin Gier.


Gwendolyn attends an exclusive private school in London where the girls seem to outnumber the boys ten to one. I'm jealous. Why couldn't I have gone to a school like that? I would never have been able to concentrate enough to pass my exams, but it would have been worth it. The girls would have been fighting over me for years.


Gwendolyn sits and tells her best friend Leslie about the 18th Century. I'm not listening. I'm just looking at Leslie's legs.


What a magnificent looking school! But I'll let you into a secret. It's not really a school at all. None of the schools in London looked exclusive enough, so Ehrenburg Palace in Coburg, Germany was used in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.