Thursday 3 January 2019

Halloween [1978] (5 Stars)


In my last review I said that I would make it a tradition to watch this film every year on October 31st. I couldn't wait that long. Films of this brilliance deserve to be watched more often.

"Halloween" is a masterpiece of suspense. The body count is relatively low (two deaths in the introductory scenes and only three deaths in the main body of the film), but it's still one of the most terrifying films ever made.

Maybe I should add another few slasher films to my to-watch list. It might be a good idea, but it's better I don't. I already have more than 60 films stacked up in my room that I want to watch soon. I should be working my way through my list rather than adding to it. That should have been one of my New Year's Resolutions for 2019.

The combination of a small budget and big box office success have given it the highest success rating of the films I've reviewed so far.

Success Rate:  + 213.4

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.