Friday 27 September 2019

Wine: Eberbach-Schäfer Spätburgunder

The Spätburgunder ("Late Burgundy") wine is a type of wine that I don't often drink. It's closely related to the Pinot Noir grown in other countries, and it has a very light taste which is untypical for Württemberg wines.

The wine has a fine scent with aromas of currant, raspberries, cherries, some cloves, roasted almonds and violets. Nice fruit on the palate, clear sweetness, very velvety, charming and playful.

As I said, I have a lack of experience with this wine, but I suspect that it would be best enjoyed with a hearty meal, not by itself. I need to experiment.

It's dryer than the Pinot Noir from other countries, but that might not be immediately apparent due to its light taste.

I'm spending some time in England for the next few weeks, so I shan't be writing any more about wine until I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.