Thursday 26 September 2019

Wine: Eberbach-Schäfer Schwarzriesling

The Schwarzriesling ("Black Riesling") is probably the most popular wine in Württemberg. It's offered in all restaurants, and in the better restaurants in various versions. As far as I'm concerned, it's a hit-or-miss wine. I've tasted very good Schwarzriesling wines, and I've tasted Schwarzriesling wines that are simply too dry. The Eberbach-Schäfer Schwarzriesling tastes excellent.

As you know, red wines should be drunk at room temperature. I don't know of any other grape for which this applies more than Schwarzriesling. The slightest drop in temperature ruins the taste.

The wine has a very beautiful scent with aromas of cherries, raspberries, currants, a hint of almonds and cloves, roses and rose hips. On the palate, dense fruit, delicate spiciness, nice residual sweetness, charming and with a nice after-taste.

This is a wine I'll definitely be buying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.