Saturday 9 April 2022

She Will (3 Stars)


This is the tenth film in the Stuttgart Fantasy Film Festival Nights.

This film is about an elderly actress, Victoria Ghent, who's taking a holiday in a remote part of Scotland to recover from a mastectomy. She's accompanied by her nurse, a young woman called Desi. At first she's unhappy that so many other people are staying at the retreat. They're new agers (I can't think of a better way to describe them) who carry energy in their hands and give it to others. It's meant to look silly. Everyone in the cinema was laughing at them.

The area, which I was unable to recognise despite my knowledge of Scotland, is a place where many witches were burnt in the 1700's. Victoria dreams about them, and she even sleepwalks to meet them in the woods. She finds herself able to cast spells.

I found this film too slow. The action is stretched out so thin that I grew impatient. It's not a bad film, and many of my readers might enjoy it, but it's not a film I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.