Wednesday 6 March 2024

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (5 Stars)


What a week! Yesterday "Donnie Darko" was shown in the cinema, and today "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". Two of the best films ever made, shown back to back. Today's film was shown as part of the Weird Wednesday series. Most of the films in the series are horror films, but I agree that it can be classed as weird.

I didn't get a chance to talk to anyone after the film, so I don't know how many were seeing it for the first time. Based on the audience reactions, occasional laughter, I'd say about half the audience were watching it for the first time, I envy them.

There's always a quiz at the beginning of the Weird Wednesday films. Usually I know the answers, but I'm too slow putting my hand up. I couldn't answer today's question. Can you?

"Kate Winslet has four hair colours in the film. What are they, in the correct order?"

I know the answer now, because a clever guy in the row behind me answered the question. Could any of my readers have answered correctly?


I didn't win the Weird Wednesday T-shirt, but I didn't come away completely empty handed. Everyone who saw the film received a free bottle of beer and a bag of crisps. There was the sound of corks popping until the film started. Life is good.

Success Rate:  + 1.6

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.