Wednesday 31 January 2024

Annette (3 Stars)


Despite only giving this film a three star rating when I watched it in 2021, I decided to buy it on Blu-ray. I can't really explain why. Something about it fascinated me. Adam Driver is the wrong choice for a musical. He's excellent in the spoken scenes as the offensive stand-up comedian Henry McHenry, but when he sings I have to cringe. Marion Cotillard is a better singer.

The songs aren't particularly well written. "We love each other so much" is an important song for the plot – no spoilers! – but it's so trite that I can't enjoy it.

I still find the film average after second viewing, but I can't help feeling I'm missing something. I'm sure that I'll watch it again. Preferably I want to watch it with a friend so that we can exchange thoughts.

Success Rate:  - 5.0

Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.