Saturday 6 January 2024

Slumdog Millionaire (5 Stars)


I'm continuing my random selection of films from my top 100 film list with "Slumdog Millionaire". As far as the Academy Awards are concerned, it's the most successful film in my list. It was nominated for ten Oscars, of which it won eight. Yet it's only in 54th place in my list? That's because I was never invited to vote for the Academy Awards. If I'd been on the committee I would have made sure that all the films in the list would win Oscars.

The film tells the story of India's growth from poverty to riches, alongside the rise of a young boy from the slums to becoming a millionaire. But more than anything else, it's a love story. Jamal Malik only wants to become a millionaire so he can get together with Latika, the woman he's loved since they were children. It's destiny. His life has prepared him for the questions he would be asked on the quiz show "Who wants to be a Millionaire".

Success Rate:  + 22.8

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.